Monday, March 28, 2011

A Birthday Blessing

So I took some time off from blogging to celebrate my birthday. I turned 30 last Wednesday. To be honest I never thought that I would be so nervous about this birthday. I had always looked forward to turning 30, but for the couple weeks leading up to it, I had this growing anxiety in my chest. So stupid. I mean it's just a birthday.

But some very sweet friends of mine gave me such an incredible birthday gift that I have to share. I have three life friends that are incredible, wise and precious in my life. We meet every other week for about 2 hours (sometime it's more like 3) to just talk about life and God. I have learned so much from these women, and they are a huge part of my life.

Anyways, for my birthday they planned a special night for me. We all left the kids at home with their daddies and went to dinner at the Chop House. We just relaxed and had a great meal and great conversation. It was nice to be out together with out a timeline. We were hoping to grab coffee and Sweet CC's afterwards, but  they were closed. :( Anyways, it was time to get back to the house and enjoy the special gift they had planned for me.

After making some coffee, we headed out to my back porch to enjoy the beautiful weather outside. After a little more discussion (we women can talk) they presented me with a sweet "Birthday blessing". Each one had come up with a blessing to speak over me for the upcoming year. And as each one took their turn, I realized that it wasn't just them speaking over me...but the very truths that God has been trying to tell me lately. Everything from me being a good mother for Caroline and a sweet wife to my husband, but to characteristics that I felt I had lost since becoming a mother; such as a leader and a active part in God's plan. As they spoke over me, I asked that these things would go to the marrow of my bone and that I would live them out in my 30's.

It has been so easy to just take on my role as "mom", that I have forgotten that I am Lindsey also. The woman who loves the Word of God above all else. The woman who wants to make a difference here on this earth. The woman who loves to be social, and spend time with those closest to her.  The woman who loves to read and write. The woman who loves to dance, laugh and enjoy life to it's fullest. It's so easy to just do each day the same as the day before. But I am not the same, and I am better for it.

This new decade of my life, I want to embrace all that I am. The new, the old, and all that God has gifted me with. I am so thankful for the sweet Birthday Blessing that I was given by these sweet friends of mine. They finally copied their statements on a frame for me to keep and look at often.  Now I just need to get a picture of the 4 of us and we will be set!

Here's to being 30 and all that the Lord has planned for me!
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment