Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What is your passion....

Today I was reading in my current book that I am working through for my quiet time, and a question was raised that made me stop and think.... What is your passion? What do you want to be remembered for as you take your last breath?

I am going to be honest, I am not sure what my passion is just yet because I have to narrow down my options. But, the one thing that keeps ringing in my head is my passion for each one of you out there that read this blog. My passion to relate to that first time mom who is having a rough go of it. My passion to make life a little better by writing my thoughts out in the hope that it will help one of you out there. My passion to help that barely functioning marriage find hope and the motivation to keep going. My passion for that young woman who just needs someone to relate to. I don't know all of you, but I know that there are people in Japan, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Australia, United Kingdom, Singapore, Canada and a few other places that visit this blog. I can only think that the reason anyone comes to hear my thoughts is because they find a bit of themselves in my wanderings.

My passion is writing and helping. Helping and writing. I don't know where it will all take me, or if I would ever be remembered by something I wrote...but maybe I will be remembered for being a good mom. For being honest. For being vulnerable. For stepping out and changing the status-quo. I hope that my passion most importantly brings you to a place of knowing Christ deeper and that He is in everything. He is everything and He is my everything.

So tell me...whats your passion? What do you want to be remembered for?

No comments:

Post a Comment