Thursday, June 30, 2011

Craftiness at it's Best

So I have always had a love for party planning and here lately I have been throwing baby shower after baby shower. I LOVE them! I think every baby deserves a shower, I don't care if they are the 1st or 10th child.

I told you I started a play group, and it just so happens that there is a girl in our group that is expecting her second child 2 weeks from now. I decided 2 weeks ago that we should throw a impromptu shower for her and the little one, whose name is Lorelei. (PS Love that name!)

Anyways...we decided that being a few days away from 4th of July we should do a red, white and blue theme. It turned out so cute if I do say so myself. My good friend Jenn Russell and I decided on embarking on the chore of making the cupcakes and then all the other ladies brought their food choice in red white and blue.

Here are a few pictures from the event:
Red White and Blue Cupcakes with Baby Lorelei cutouts
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
Psalms 139 for Baby Lorelei
Desert table...cupcakes and fruit pizza
Tomato and Blue Cheese Sandwiches
Homemade Salsa with Blue Corn chips
The BEST Stuffed Cornbread ever
and Red White and Blue Salad

I think all that one needs for a successful shower is inspiration. A baby is always inspiration for me...but also I get a lot of ideas from other party planners. One great one that I like is TomKat Studios... Check her out...she's awesome!

Hope you get inspired...and if you ever need a party planner hit me up :)

Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I would love the recipe for the Stuffed Cornbread if you can share. Love following your blog and keeping us with your precious baby! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get the recipe on my blog!
    http://littlebylittle86.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete