Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Finally!

Well today was the day I have been waiting for, for a long time now. It was the first time my new play group got together. After struggling with isolation, I had tried a couple places to meet other moms. It never seemed like I found the right fit. So after a terrible experience the last time ( I actually got up and left the group because no one spoke to me) I decided that I knew enough first-time moms to do my own play group. So I started texting all the ones I knew and invited them to my house for a swim time for us and the kiddos.

The first time we were suppose to meet was last week but as it turned out the majority of the group was out of town. So just two of us got together and swam...here is a picture of the babies who were fast friends.

Hudson And Caroline

Anyways, this week since everyone was back in town we had a full house. There were seven of us all with little ones ranging from the age of 4 months to 18months. It was a mad house in here but it was so sweet to have so many at the same time. I was worried about how it would work out with everybody not knowing each other but I don't know why I was worried :) It was AWESOME! Not only did the kids have a great time but so did us moms. We talked about birthing stories and what we did before the little ones came along. We talked about money and trashy shows. We talked about how much our lives have changed since becoming moms. All the while our kiddos just played, talked to one another and some even snoozed during the event.

I have waited a long time to have this....9 months to be exact. There is just something about a group of moms trudging through this baby thing together, relating and encouraging one another. It made me hopeful. It made me incredibly happy. And it made me even look forward to having another baby in the future. (One of the moms is expecting her second baby in about 5 weeks)

We plan to meet weekly and there were even talks about maybe more than that. We don't have a plan, but I am excited about the possibilities. Friendships for me and maybe life long friends for C. Either way I am looking forward to the summer even more now.

Super Pumped,
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found a group of women to do life with. :) It truly helps!

    ReplyDelete