Monday, June 20, 2011

Get To The Point!

So everyday I think Caroline does something new. From deciding to crawl a couple weeks ago, to clapping and waving to everyone who walks by, blowing on her food before she eats it, to saying baby... her tricks have been endless and quick lived. I was so excited when people would come over and I could "show off" her new found ability, but only for a few days because she would get tired of them quicker than she learned them.
BUT.... this new one I think tops the cake! And it doesn't seem to have the life span the others did and is lasting much longer. The first couple times she did it I would just laugh. I thought it was so cute and wondered where exactly she learned it. Then one day as Caroline was trying to climb into the fire place I yelled out her name and said "Caroline...NO!" as I pointed my index finger at her. She simply turned around, gave me a huge grin...and POINTED back at me! I have never laughed so hard! I finally knew where she had got it <3
Well now, she points at anything and sometimes will double point at you. When she comes walking into the the kitchen in her walker it's a big grin and a double point. When she is playing with her toys its a single point and a low stern voice. When she waves at you, its a brief wave followed by a "I am watching you" point. When she's eating, it's like "put some more food on my plate I am hungry" point!
You can't get the full grasp of the sweetness of this until you see it up close and personal. So the other night as we went to my father's to celebrate Father's Day they finally got to see Sweet C's new trick. I had told them I had tried desperately to get some pics of her pointing, but was always a second too late. Well my step-mom (being the photo-snapper she is) managed to get two great pics of her pointing and I hope you get a kick out of them. You even get the rare double point here too!


My gosh... I love this little girl!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment