Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Royal Wedding

So if you didn't know...there was a Royal Wedding this past Friday.


I have to admit, I was all caught up in it. I was so excited the Thursday  night before, that I could barely sleep. When the baby woke up at 4am I almost went in to watch it, but decided that I had it DVR'd so I could wait and catch a few more Z's.

Either way, Caroline and I were up at Six am, and well I will let the video speak for itself :)

I laugh at this because I am wearing one of her hats :), and she is genuinely so excited! I loved the wedding and Catherine was breath taking. Everything from her dress to the sweet bridesmaids was understated elegance. I loved hearing them say their vows in their British accents, sounding ever so regal. I was enthralled with every minute of it to the very last moment of last night.

I thought it was so special for sweetness and I to share this moment together. You see... 30 years ago, I was born the year Princess Diana got married. This year Princess Catherine got married and Caroline was born as well. Maybe, just maybe, 30 years from now Caroline will be doing the same thing with her daughter. I hope they wear hats too. :)

It may seem cheesy to some, but these moments are so precious to me and I have to use them as teachable moments. I want Caroline to know that she is my princess, and she has a King that is already desperately in love with her. He waits patiently for the day that she will say yes to Him forever more. What a day that will be....better than any Royal Wedding I am sure of it! Because that day, my sweet daughter will become my sweet sister in Christ. She will go from being just a commoner to a child of the King!

I love my King...do you know Him?

Hopelessly Romantic,
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I could eat her up...seriously. You too, my friend. That purple hat just looks PRESH on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete