Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Catch UP!

So It has been a while... I mean a long time! I have missed writing... but life has been incredibly busy! We just got back from New York City, and I will write about that tomorrow...

But today I wanted to catch you up to date on how Mother's Day went, my first one ever. It truly is one of those things you think about every year when the holiday comes around, one day I will be a mother. So as this one approached I was so excited about what was coming. I am a mother...this is not only about my mother...it's about me :) and any holiday where you get to celebrate you is always fun. Anyways something also fun about this day is that our church scheduled the baby dedication on this day. So, it wasn't only about me anymore but also about Caroline.

So we eagerly anticipated the day, looking forward to our family just being together. We planned for all of or family to come to Caroline's dedication which made sending out our Mother's day wishes that much easier. And luckily it was a beautiful day.  When I woke up that morning Caroline was still asleep as I heard my husband scurrying around. I smelt the coffee and I emerged from the bed. I came into the living room and cuddled up on the couch as Chris made his way around the corner with my first ever Mother's Day gift in tow. I was so excited... He got me a sweet card that told me all about how proud of me he was and what a great mother I am to our daughter. It was too much and almost got a huge hysterical crying session. But quickly the gifts came and he got me the pair of Sperry's that I wanted and a very much needed massage. Which I can't wait to use:)
After that, our little sweet Caroline woke up and of course was in the best mood. We played around for a little bit and then got ready for church. Which our pastor was awesome! We got some Starbucks picked up some barbecue and came home to meet my mom and her husband for lunch. Once they got here, we ate and then headed out for a beautiful walk on the Greenway. The day was going perfect!
As we came home... Chris's grandparents were waiting for us in the drive way. Everyone then proceeded to get ready for the dedication while Caroline entertained the rest of our guests :)
I am not going to even tell you how cute she was...you can see for yourself.
She was wearing a outfit that her Sweet Mommy (Chris's grandmother) got for her...and the bonnet just about did me in! She was so sweet and was a pure angel during the ceremony. I am not going to lie, the ceremony was a little stressful but anytime you have that much family around, you have to be expecting it. But it was beautiful and memorable to say the least.  Stay tuned for what Chris and I put together for this event at a later post this week.

Anyways...after a quick dinner we came home and put the little one to bed. Chris and I got to spend some time just laughing and talking for a while before we both crashed into bed. I have to say for my first mother's day it was pretty fantastic, definitely memorable and what I have always wanted. Just to be with my husband and daughter.

Anyways...that's for catching up. It will be a week full of posts so keep up. And here is some more pics from the day :) Just click on the photo below! Enjoy!!!

Happy,
Lindsey

dedication

1 comment: