Thursday, May 26, 2011

Never A Sick Day For Us

So because of the incredible amount of storms, coupled with allergy season, yesterday my head felt like it has blown up to the size of a balloon and is floating aimlessly above the rest of my body. Today is no different except you can throw a sore throat in the mix. As I woke up to swollen eyes and a stuffy head... I revereted back to pre-baby, and thought how I would take some NyQuil and spend the day in bed. Oh how wrong I am.

You see for us stay at home moms...we aren't allowed a sick day. We aren't allowed to take NyQuil. We aren't allowed to spend the day in bed.

I never thought of this before Caroline. It wasn't on the list of things I would have to give up once she came along. See I like sick days... they mean sleeping alot, soup, movies and major catch up on all the shows I never get to watch.

Now my sick days are just another day except I feel terrible the whole day...until.... until I hear her laugh, feel her hug, hear her say mommy, or rock her as she and I both drift off holding hands. Than, all of the sudden, this sick day is better than the other I had in mind. Yeah I would love to just rest and feel better, but the the best medicine is in a little girl whose mommy and daddy named Caroline.

So she is napping, and I am off to do the same. Praying that these allergie and sinus issues work themselves out with in the hour or so she sleeps! Becuase This is what I feel like :(


Hoping to recover soon!
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment