Friday, May 6, 2011

The Seven Month Pinch

Ok...so C is about to be 8 months next week! I can't believe it... it really is true when they say " The older you get the quicker time flies!"

Anyways, something stranged happened to her at seven months and it is wrecking havoc on our lives here at the homefront. She learned how to pinch. I am not talking just a soft little baby pinch, but like a slap your momma in the face type of pinch. I don't have to tell you more than once how I have squeeled in pain over her now found pleasure, while she smiles with delight that she got me.

The funny thing is it happens mostly while I am trying to put her down for a nap or bedtime. It use to be that she would scratch her fingers on any surface but now...the pinch. She will be so sweet hanging her sweet head on my shoulder, arms draped over mine. Then as though she knows I am not expecting it, WHAM! a pinch. She has even broke the skin before... what's up with that?

Now that I am on to her, I try desperately to keep her nails trimmed and smooth (it makes the pinch less painful). But either way, this seven month pinch has got to have a timeline...I am hoping it is over at 8 months :) Don't by fooled by this sweetness...she knows what she is doing!


Bruised but smiling :)
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest baby EVER and surely she is not pinching her Momma?! I share your pain, but I had a biter. I don't know which is worse...the biter or the pincher. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete