Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sleeping Update

So last week I informed you all that starting Monday I was going to try the CIO method. (Cry it out) I happened to be gone all weekend, and per my last blog entry...we all know how Sunday and Monday turned out for me (A Terrible Day)

SO needless to say, we didn't get to start the sleeping project until Tuesday. I started with nap time.

Usually I will:
Rock her until she falls asleep
Then gently lay her in her bed
Hold her steady to make sure she's good
Gently take my hands off
Tip toe out of the room
Pray she doesn't wake up :)

This time I:
Rocked her till she was drowsy
Kissed her on the head
Laid her in the crib
Walked away
Prayed she would stop crying and fall asleep :)

I think it took about 20 minutes but she did fall asleep and slept for an hour and half!
I did the same thing that evening when it was bed time. Caroline's bedtime is 8pm and we give her a bath and then feed her a bottle while rocking her to sleep. This time we did the same thing but, when we put her down she cried for a little bit before conking out.

Although that evening was a little difficult.
She woke up at 12:30....where I went in there and sat next to the crib with my arm poked through the wholes and held her hand.
Again at 3:30...where I did the same thing as above.
And at 4:30...it was storming really bad outside and the thunder kept waking her up. I asked Chris to get up and get her to go back to sleep, and a few minutes later...he waltzed in holding the little sweetness, where she proceeded to sleep with us to 7:30am. :) I wasn't too upset, I misssed the little one.

Yesterday was a great day though. Nap went well like noted above, and then we were out and about most the day. She took a good late nap and was really happy all day.
When we put her down for the evening, Chris rocked her and laid her in the crib. About 9:30 there was a stir from her in her room, but quickly was quited.
We went to bed around 9:30am. At 4 am I herd her stir again...I got up to make her a bottle thinking she might be hungry. By the time I got done doing that (about 3 min or so) it was all quiet again in her room. I went back to bed.

6 AM! That's when she woke up!!! PUMPED I AM!!!
I don't know what this means exactly, because the sleep situation has always been different from day to day. But I can tell you this, I think we might be turning a corner :)

I will keep you updated as to what happens tonight, but I am pleased thus far. And it's nice to have some quiet time with my husband!

Rested,
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey...she will quickly turn the corner...as will you when you find your first full night of sleep. [IT is never the same after babies..but it is still uninterrupted!!] I caution you about sniffles...colds...they will upset the routine but only as far as you let them. Make sure she has her own soothing blanket, soft toy whatever..she is now old enough to have something...she can lift her head etc. Trust that you will soon wish she were little again!! Blessed Easter to you all!! Cousin Karin E.

    ReplyDelete