Friday, August 26, 2011

DIY Friday: Play Room

OH MY~ It has been a ridiculously long time since I have blogged. It has been an adventurous month for sure and only increasing in hecticness because of a certain someone's 1st birthday coming up in just three short weeks.

Either way... I promise to update you on all that has happened come Monday, but just wanted to do a quick DIY Friday tidbit. This is an unusual DIY because it is not crafty, it is practical. Since I have, essentially, a one year old running around (and I do mean running around) our once roomy house has shrunk because of all the toys that lay around. Every night after she hits the sack, I go around every room in our house and put up all the toys she has taken out. Needless to say, this is really annoying.

So my BRILLIANT husband had a great idea. Our spare bedroom goes unused for most of the year. All of our family lives in town, except my sister, and since we went to school locally...our friends are here too. So no one comes and stays with us, hence the unused spare bedroom. So... we gutted out the bed, bookshelf, lamp and chair and replaced it with toys, toys, toys and toys. We made our own play room!

Let me just say, as I blog happily and freely, it was a genius idea! If you have a room that is unused and you need a great space for your romper to romp around... DIY and change it to a play room. If you are anything like me... you won't regret it :)


Happily walking around without stepping on toys,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment