Thursday, August 4, 2011

A couple videos down memory lane...

I am not sure what led us down that path last night, but as we crawled into bed Chris had to check something on the laptop. So I was reading and he was on the computer. Just before he got done, I remembered that I had been wanting to watch something on YouTube for a while now and decided that now was the time.

I told Chris to open up the website, so he did. Then he looked at me and said "What do you want to watch?"

Me: "I want to watch a C-section."
Chris: "No Lindsey...you don't want to see that."
Me: "Yes I do. I want to know what I went through."

Chris reluctantly typed in the search engine and voila. A plethora of videos to choose from. I decided on the safest one on there from Baby Center. As we hit play, I had a moment of panic thinking... I don't know if I should see this. I am sort of squeamish when it comes to all things blood related. But as the procedure happened, I found myself elated with what I saw.

To be honest, when I found out that I would have to have a C-section I was worried I would miss out on this great birthing experience and that somehow mine would be less than. But after seeing what my body went through and the beauty of the baby being pulled out, I realized it was just as beautiful!

So after we watched the video, we decided to open up our own home videos and relive those incredible first moments with our daughter. What started with one video on YouTube turned us right down memory lane. We laid there in bed and watched video after video of us in the hospital those first few days with our Sweet C. We smiled, laughed at how goofy we were, thought we looked so young holding our little girl and reveled in how tiny she was.

I don't know if those videos will ever get old to me. Especially now as we had our first medical emergency with C the other day. I will blog about it later... it's too emotionally raw for me still. I just treasure everything a little more now, and the day she was born will be nothing short of the second greatest day in my life. A severely close second to the day I married her father.

Anyways...here is one of the videos we watched yesterday. It's the first time I got to love on her and really see her. I hope you enjoy.

Hopelessly romantic over her,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment