Friday, April 27, 2012

Let's Play Catch-Up

So in the past couple weeks since I last wrote, I have:

Gutted my house for a garage sale. I do mean gut. We sold ALL of our living room furniture, an entire bedroom suite, patio furniture and a tireless amount of junk. We did this sale with 2 other families and had a ball. But to be honest...it was way harder to get ready for and execute with a toddler running around. Every time I pulled out an old toy of hers to sell, she all of the sudden had a new found interest in it. Every time I pulled out an old box of stuff to go through she wanted in on the action and would begin scattering it all about our house.
For a few days there I truly thought I was going to lose my mind by living in all that filth. My daughter for days had what my husband likes to call "grocery store feet" from running around our house (grocery store feet is when they are black from dirt on the bottoms). Gross I know.

After Gutting my house we hosted the garage sale. We were very successful. We made over a $1200. You should read my husbands post about what to do with your money you make from a garage sale.
We took the money and bought all new furniture. We get house fever alot and a better option for us than going to purchase a new home is to make our home feel new again. Hence selling off everything we own and buying all new stuff works for us.

Which brings me to the third thing I had to do before we bought our new furniture and while the house was gutted. CLEAN! Like baseboards and stuff. NOT FUN! VERY TIMING CONSUMING! COMPLETELY EXHAUSTING!
But done...never-the-less.

Fourth...we went and bought all new furniture. This was a lot of fun! And as I type I am sitting on my incredibly, wonderfully, soft new couch that I LOVE! I feel like I moved into a new house <3

Finally I have reorganized...and continued to throw things out. You never know how much junk you have until you start organizing things. My husband has given me a new rule it's a one for one rule. Anytime you buy a new pair of shoes you throw out a pair. Anytime you buy a new dress you get rid of a dress. This is really helping me to declutter and get rid of things I don't use.

So if you have been wondering where I have been and why I haven't been blogging...this is why! I have been busy!

But I am back now. And much more comfortable in my "new" home.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment