Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Heavy Heart but Holy Experience

This morning I come with a heavy heart. I am lonely again. I know that God made me for relationship, I thrive on interaction with others, yet my daily interaction is with a one year old. Alone, in this house...day after day.
Sure we go out. We go to the mall playground. The playground at the end of our road. And of course, because we are girls...we go shopping. I have a weekly play date with other moms, but unfortunately it's not enough.
It's for this reason that I have entertained the idea of going back to work. So yesterday I pondered what it is that I could do to fill this longingness inside of me. But to no avail, I can find nothing I would love more to do than to be with my little girl. So I have a conundrum. How do I do this stay at home mom thing and not be lonely?

Thus a devotional I read this morning...if you have 3 minutes please read this amazing woman's words.

This woman wrote a book called A Thousand Gifts, which chronicles the daily gifts God gives us in the ordinary realm to show us His Unfailing Love. I don't know if you know that...but His love is UNFAILING!

I learned this morning that when we cry out to Him in our distress, He delivers us from it. It doesn't say when He is ready to deliver us He will. It just says He delivers us. The point is we have to constantly be in a place where when we are lonely, sad, hurting, frustrated or anything that seeks to devour us...we cry out to HIM. WE go to Him first and He in His UNFAILING LOVE delivers us. IMMEDIATELY! That's what His words do... they heal, they bind up our wounds, they give us courage and strength to hang on, they give us direction and insight...they give us HOPE!

Oh how I love Him. How I am reminded that He IS the only thing that satisfies. I can be lonely for a second until I realize that I always have Him with me. Do I need others, YES! He made me this way and I believe that the enemy would love nothing more than me to just sit around my house and mope. BUT, I will not. There is too much to do and many other woman like me... I just need to find them :)

Today I trust Him and His deliverance from this loneliness. I believe He will send me to others who are just like me. "Anything is possible for those who believe." Mark 9:23

Giving Thanks,
lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment